Here are the steps to clean the baby's mouth you can do :
- Dampen gauze or washcloth with warm boiled water, and dressing on your index finger
- Put your baby in bed so much easier to clean his/her mouth.
- Begin cleaning the mouth from the outside, the lips and surrounding areas.
- With the help of your fingers, open mouth and insert your index finger and gently rub the gums start from the top to the rear of the front top.
- When finished, clean the gum from the bottom of the rear continues forward.
- Don't forget to clean the baby's tongue. Do it from the base of the tongue (remember, do not back), then slowly to the front.
Here also do and don'ts on cleaning the baby's nose :
- use stemmed cotton and warm water.
- insert the cotton slowly, not too deep (some of baby store sell specially for nose which have barrier to nostril
- clean up by doing the twist to the left and right
- use tweezers to pick up dirt in the baby's nose
- remove dirt nose using a paper towel or your fingers because it will push the dirt deeper into the limiting membrane of the nose or scratch sensitive.
- cleaning the nostrils are too loud. Lobe is still very soft so the baby could be injured.
- sucking both holes at once. Dangerous because mucus can rise into the middle ear, causing an infection
Here also some tips to cleaning the baby's ear :
- do a regular basis if there is dirt in the ears of children.
- consider the child if he/she had started digging, scratching and pulling his ears dancing.
- look carefully whether there is dirt in the ear canal.
- ear wax is out on its own (that's what doctor said), but that does not mean rolling out. If we look carefully, on the outside of the child's ear canal will appear yellowish dirt, meaning the dirt is out on his/her own
- clean the dirt using a cotton swab (cotton-stemmed) on the outer ear canal, with notes affordable and stools are still soft. Be careful when using a cotton bud, do not be too deep, no more than 1 cm afraid it will pushed deeper. Dirt that can accumulate in the inner ear and interfere with hearing.
- finished cleaning, dry the child's ear with a towel or soft cloth.
Hope some tips on cleaning up the baby could help all new mommies in the world just like my mom.
Reference : ayahbunda.co.id